Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 10:02:50 -0800
On  5 Jun 98 at 6:42, anne neighbors wrote:

> In Computer Care class at the Career Center in San Diego, we have been
> instructed to restart the computer at least once a day to free up
> resources.

  This might be a little excessive, depending on what applications
you have been using and for how long.

> The last two times I have gone to Shut Down/Restart Computer, the
> Win95 window telling me to Wait Until Shutdown Procedures Have
> Been Completed hangs.  It never goes away.

  This is a pretty common behaviour of Win95, and there's a Microsoft
Knowledge Base article that describes several different conditions
which will produce this symptom.  Generally they're fairly minor
problems, but it would be a good idea to review that article and
check the things that it lists.  [I'm hoping someone else has the
pointer to that article handy.]

> With a great deal of reluctance, I've been turning my computer off
> and on again.

  Fear not!  After about 3-5 seconds, Win95 is just hanging around
waiting for shutdown confirmations that may or may not ever arrive.
Once it has reached this state, nothing will actually be damaged or
lost by switching the machine off.
  This probably isn't a habit you want to cultivate, but it should
work fine until you track down and fix the actual cause.

David G