Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2006 22:19:21 -0700
On 22 Sep 2006 at 13:54, Computer9 wrote:

> I am trying to find a legal retail version of XP Home SP1 because I
> don't want SP2 on my machine either - especially not VISTA (the big
> brother of all big brothers).

  I've been running XP Pro SP2 for quite a while now without any problem --
and I believe that I am more likely to depend on oddball programs that might
have had issues with it than most "normal" users.  I know of no good reason
to advise anyone to avoid it.

  VISTA, however, is the code name of the *NEXT* release of Windows --
recall that XP goes back to 2003.  It's currently possible to obtain a Beta
test version, but only people are actually prepared to use an experimental
OS, and tell Microsoft in detail when (not IF) it blows up and destroys all
their data, should be doing that.  And everyone else will have to PAY for it
AFTER it becomes available.
  I have not heard that it has any special surveillance technology built in.
 It may possibly support Microsoft's "Palladium" DRM proposal, but I believe
that requires support from the hardware and not just the OS....

  I am pretty sure that you do not have to worry that Microsoft is going to
sneak Vista onto your machine without your knowledge, approval, and some
cash.

David Gillett

                       http://freepctech.com/rode