Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:30:17 -0800
Go to the Symantec site and they have an uninstall tool to supposedly get
rid of remaining registry entries and files still on the computer after a
normal uninstall through the "add/remove programs" function in the Control
Panel. However, after running their tool, I still found lots of registry
entries referring to Symantec and Norton. After backing up the registry, I
manually removed them using the registry "find" function to locate them.

Good hunting as it is a somewhat tedious job to totally remove Symantec
products from the computer. The only other program that I have found to be
almost as difficult to fully remove is Zone Alarm.

Tom Mayer

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phillip Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 7:21 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] symantic in registry

Greetings all!
 A few months back I un-installed norton from my comp in favor of avast.
There are still items in the registry which cause a message to pop up when I
try
to start a couple of basic games. It reads:
C:\PROGRAM~1\SYMANTIC\S32EVNT1.DLL
An unstable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization. Choose 'CLOSE'
to terminate the operation.
 The option besides 'Close' is 'Ignore' which I use to close message window
and continue with game.
 Is there a safe way to delete the symantic entries or, if not, how can I
stop the message from appearing?

  Many Thanks,
  Phillip Williams