Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 May 1999 14:23:12 -0400
Gina,

All modern web browsers are capable of playing a sound file and can
recognize _some_ HTML properties to control the sound (like the LOOP=, or
the BALANCE= parameters).   But the web "visitor" has no control (other
than the dials on his/her speaker) of the sound.

To have controls which the "visitor" can use to turn the sound on or off
and control the volume level, requires that you embed a sound player into
the web page not just the sound file.  This requires the use of a
scripting language (javascript, vbscript, etc). which embeds the player
and then calls up the sound file.

This also adds a new level of complexity to the web page, for now you must
ascertain whether they have a media player and/or which version it is
(mplayer.exe, mplayer2.exe, realaudio, live wire, etc, .).

If you are a member of the Microsoft Developers Network (MSDN), then you
can find an MPLAYER2 script by searching for the phrase "background sound"
on their web site.  If you are not a member, contact me privately, and I
will copy and paste the script to you.

BTW, there is no need to wait for a Front Page newsgroup,
there are several.  The main group is alive and well at:
microsoft.public.frontpage.client

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====