Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Joe Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 11:51:22 +0200
>A query for all the Access gurus out there. I have been given a text
>file that needs to be imported into a database for later search and
>retrieval. It has 869 records vertically aligned in the following
>format:

>Thanks,
>Ernie Goens

Ernie,

I think you will have to write a VB routine to accomplish this, but
hopefully some other list members will know an built-in way of doing it.

If every block has exactly the same field names you could just loop
through the source data, assigning field values as found, and creating a
new record when you encounter a blank line.

If some field names might be missing or in a different order, it would
be more robust to create an array of field names and while looping
through the source data, search the array of field names for the current
field name, and assign the field value in your access table accordingly.

Unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to try to code this but
post again if you need more help

Joe

                                  -----
        **Need help with PCSOFT mailing list? Send an Email to:**