Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 07:25:23 EST
In a message dated 11/11/2003 1:35:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:
  Basically,Not serious but annoyingly inconvenient my win98 seems to be
forgetting its settings, lately. For example,the desk top folders,my doc,my
comp.,reycle, keep opening with large icons displayed although I set the view
selection to 'details' in the tool bar, I have done this in the folder options view
tab as well, checking 'remember file attributes' and 'show files in detail
view' but it reverts to large icons upon reopening.
  As well,it intermittently stalls on the splash screen upon booting,
requiring a restart, which proceeds to a menu of selections but prompting
no.3-'restart in safe mode' . Choosing the first selection
  in the list 'normal' produces a normal sequence to the desktop...any ideas
to get this back to regular operation?
      I really appreciate this service. Greg
Hi,
  One thing I do when moving/resetting icons is to do a normal
shutdown/restart after I'm done. I've found out that if windows crashes, and you restart
that way, all the icon changes you made will be gone, even if that crash is days
later (I leave my computer on 24/7). Apparently it needs the proper shutdown
to "save" the new icon position/settings so they'll remain at the next bootup.

HTH,
Peter Hogan

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml