Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 00:30:02 +1000
Victor writes:

<<I just wonder what could happens if I delete all files (loader)?>>

If it's the usual type of spyware, that may not be enough. It will most
likely re-generate itself from registry entries.

You'd need to uninstall it from the registry using a proper uninstaller
such as Spybot or similar.

If you're doubtful about the effect of deleting the files, use the old
trick of renaming or moving them (or rename/move their folder) so that
Windows can't find them. See what happens. If it loads at startup from the
registry, you may find you'll start getting error messages or a slowdown.
Restore them if you have to. You'll then have to eliminate the whole thing,
registry entries and all. In some cases, that is very difficult or
impossible to do manually.

In an extreme case, where spyware removal software won't do the job, a
reformat may be the only way. Registry cleaners won't help either, as these
nasties can bury themselves in very anonymous and devious ways.

After all, they are designed to escape detection. I don't know the
particular one you mention.

Best to use Spyware Guard or similar, and stop these things from installing
themselves in the first place.

Don Penlington
 From the beach at Surfers Paradise.
http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
for sunny Queensland photos, fractal art, free computer tutorials, and more.