Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 21:26:03 -0700
I was just told this belonged on this list instead of PCBuild where I first
tried to post it, so the first part is superfluous, I guess, but I will
leave it in anyway.

I'm not sure if I should submit this to PCSoft or PCBuild, but I GUESS I
have a problem in Internet Explorer in XP OS, so here I am.  (The version of
Exp. is....Geez......6.0.2900.2180.XPSP_sp2_gdr.050301_1519.)

For me, this is so out of my realm of understanding, that I will have to
give you a little bit of background, to orient it to anything.  I sell items
on Ebay, and they have a series of screens used to do that.  On the second
screen, you choose a category for your item.  There is normally a big box in
which you can scroll down through different classifications to choose yours.
(And there are a couple more big boxes with more classifications that seem
to be all linked together, but all on the same page.)  What I'm getting is
just a blank big box with a tiny red 'x' in the upper left hand corner.  I
don't get the listings to choose from.  That prohibits me from listing my
item completely, so I'm dead in the water until I get this figured out.

I contacted Ebay about this and got the following answer, which doesn't
work, because the 'advanced' button, under 'use a proxy server for your LAN
settings', is in gray.  She assumes I have addresses inside that 'advanced
settings', but I don't.  (I put a dot in the bullet and clicked on
'advanced' and looked and there is nothing in there.)  (She refers to Java,
about which I'm mystified completely, so I guess maybe that's the area in
which my problem will be fixed?)  Anyway, here's what she said to do, but of
course, I don't have the addresses she's talking about.  But, I thought this
would give someone here a clue about what I  need to do, because I sure
don't have a clue.  Here's what she said:

1. From the Internet Explorer menu bar, click Tools
2. Select Internet
3. Click the Connections Tab
4. Click the LAN Settings button
5. Click the Advanced button
6. If your setting shows "Use the same proxy server for all protocols"
checked, please copy the HTTP proxy address and port number to the
protocols field under the "Proxies" Tab in your "Java Plug-in Control
Panel" utility.

Otherwise, copy each address and port number to its corresponding entry
in the "Java Plug-in Control Panel" utility."

Please help, I'm lost and stuck.
Carol Hanson

                       http://freepctech.com/rode