Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 00:32:09 -0800
From: "Carmen Lamb"
Subject: [PCSOFT] Windows Explorer

> This has never happened before, but now whenever I start to load, instead of
> ending at the desktop it proceeds to Windows Explorer.  I therefore have to
> click off the Explorer to return to the desktop.  I have Windows 98SE and
> IE5.5 installed.  Can you explain what possibly causes this?
> Carmen Lamb
-----------------

1) One possibility - someone tried to create a shortcut to windows explorer - to put it on the start menu, but
put it in the startup folder instead? Check for a shortcut to EXPLORER.EXE in -> Start - Programs - Startup
and delete it if you find one.

2) Another possibility - look for a file named win.ini and open it - ( usually c:\windows ) . Then, under the
[windows] section look at the fist two lines - they should be:

load=
run=

If either of these lines list 'explorer.exe' after the = sign, highlight it, backspace it out, close the file
and save the changes. You *should* make a copy of this file before you change it, and keep it elsewhere -
'just in case'. hth

Al Thompson

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>