Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 12:44:57 -0500
At 11:52 03/14/02, AMD950 wrote:
>the Content.IE5 folder...and its sub-directories are hidden and remain
>so even if you've configured to "Show All Files".  To view the folders,
>go to the temporary internet files folder, and, in the address bar,
>add a "\" to end of address and you should see Content.IE5 show up in
>the drop down.

Hi Ian

That worked! I did delete one of the folders and it's contents,
so it worked for me in Win2k. I couldn't believe it...that were
web pages in these folders from weeks ago. I've told Internet Explorer
to delete these files dozens of times since I visited those webpages
...but they were still in the Temporary Internet Files folder.

So the 54 MB size of my supposedly almost empty Temporary Internet
Files folder is cached files from weeks and weeks of browsing.

Do you see your cookies in the Temporary Internet Files folder?
(Just by double clicking the folder...no trick was necessary
for me to see my cookies in TIF.)

The reason I ask is that I've moved several of my system folders
from their default locations to custom locations on different
hard drives. (Registry edits necessary.) I don't remember if I
ever moved the cookie folder to the Temporary Internet Files folder.
(My TIF folder is on my F: drive ... along with my Favorites folder
and my Netscape cache folder.) I can also see my cookies in
the C:\Documents and Settings\Bill\Cookies folder. Do you know
where they really are? One or both of these folders must be just
a symbolic link to the real cookie folder.

If cookies are indeed in the TIF folder, would deleting all those
hidden folders delete all the cookies? As I mentioned in another
message, I have cookies that I absolutely do not want to delete.
I didn't see any cookies in the folders that are in the
Content.IE5 folder...but then lots of the files have very cryptic
names. By the way, when I dragged a copy of the Temporary Internet
Files folder to another disk drive, I could no longer see the
cookies visible in this copied folder. And all the hidden folders
and files were now visible in the copied folder.

>...under win2k, I sometimes find that I can't delete the files
>(even when logged in as admin).  Still trying to figure that out.

The files you can't delete may currently be in use. I'll bet if
you rebooted, you could then delete them. (or all but one of them.)
I've found that if I try to delete temp files, one will always
be in use and won't allow itself to be deleted. If I have
highlighted all temp files in the folder (including the temp file
that's in use), as soon as Win2k gets to that file, the delete
stops and all remaining undeleted temp files are left alone.
Maybe it's similar to this in the Temporary Internet Files
folder. One or more of them are in use ... etc.

Regards,
Bill