Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2006 11:19:31 EST
Ok.. I called the makers of this computer and  told her they  must have
appeared on here when I installed Win Service Pack 2.  She looked  on her own
computer and she has them too.  However, I did take approx. the  first 40 or so of
them and saved them just to see what they were.  Most all  of them came out as
pictures involving windows, such as the flag, and other junk  they have on
here.  So Im assuming they are necessary but probably take up  a lot of memory
since I did a scan disk and defrag the other day and it dropped  from 92% to
88%.  That's quite a drop.. but it was after I had installed  the SP2 on here.
I think it's terrible that Gates puts all this on your  computer to eat away
at your free space.

In case others want to see if they have this too, open My Computer,  right
click on Explore then click on the little plus (+) sign  by the  Windows folder
and you can see them as I did.  Thanks for all your  help.  Harriet

I don't have that partitular one, but have many, many
other similar  ones.

That is the uninstall info for various Windows patches.
It may  also be repair install info in case you roll back
another patch, or for other  patch related activities...

If you can spare the space, it is always  better to leave
"automatic system related" files like this alone.
I have  seen MS KB info of how to properly remove this
type of thing, but never felt  lucky about following the
instructions, or what I would be missing (in the  way of
lost functionally) if they were removed... JMHO.

Rick Glazier

From: <CSThomas
> Since  I go in my folders quite frequently, I know what is in there
normally.
> While ago, I went in there to see if this program had deleted  the
contents
> of the Prefetch folder I was using, and much to my amazement,  when  I
opened
> the Windows folder, there were 120 of bright blue  things such as this
----
>  $ntuninstallkb83549$     They have  never been in there  before this time.

> What is it and how did it get in  there  and is it something I should worry
> about.
>
> I  can't think of anything I have done differently either.

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>