Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Loy Pressley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:38:58 -0600
Hi Sven,

Thanks for this.  I uninstalled the PeoplePC software.  I had already
manually set up the Internet connection.  That removed the peoplepc menu
bar from IE.  I still, however, was getting the "This page cannot be
displayed" error on everything selected in Internet Explorer.  I think
went in under the "Tools" menu in IE, under "Internet Options" and setup
a new connection to peoplepc.  That worked fine and IE is working
again.  One thing strange, though, is that IE will not work with any
other connection other than the one I just configured, even though a
connection to peoplepc existed before I set this one up and still
exists.  As best I can tell, both the new and the old DUN setups are
identical.  I don't know what has happened there.

Anyway, my thanks to you and all the others that replied.  It seems to
be working properly now and the peoplepc menu bar is gone.

Loy

>I suggest you try uninstalling the PeoplePC software and manually set
>up your Internet connection. In most cases all you need is the server
>information for incoming mail (POP3), outgoing mail (SMTP), and your account
>user name and password. I'm not familiar with Thunderbird but it probably
>already has this information. If not, contact support at PeoplePC.
>
>For the Internet Explorer (IE) problems, if you have it listed in Add or
>Remove Programs in Control Panel you can attempt a repair, or revert back to
>the previous version if you saved the old files. If you go back to the
>previous version you can attempt to install IE6 again. See the following
>links for more information:
>
>How to Uninstall Internet Explorer 6:
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q293907
>
>Google Search Reinstall IE6
>http://tinyurl.com/3sj2w
>
>If you are experiencing other problems you might evaluate the overall state
>of Windows and consider the option of a clean install to start fresh again.
>
>Sven Swanson, Sr.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml