Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dan Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 06:15:41 -0500
Hello

I have had a small home network ... using cat 5/RJ45, hub and NetBEUI
protocol for some time now. I mainly use it for file sharing/access between
my notebook and PC ... everything has worked fine and I found it easy to set
up. Both machines use W98 SE.

I want to change the network to TCP/IP with a view to internet/email sharing
at a later date .... I'm in no hurry to have internet sharing but I would
like to get the TCP/IP network working .... I have not been able to do it!

This what I've done so far:

Enabled TCP/IP for the network card on the host and the client.

On the host set up the TCP/IP properties as:
IP Address: 192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

On the client set up the TCP/IP properties as:
IP Address: 192.168.0.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Mick,

On the client machine try setting the gateway to 192.168.0.1.
Enable DNS (WINS tab) and in dns search order add 192.168.0.1

You should be set to go.

You can see Microsoft's help article Q238135 - How to Troubleshoot Internet
Connection Sharing.  See the set static IP section.

I just looked it up last week to do the same.  All works great

Regards,
Dan