Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 1999 13:54:05 -0400
Basic question, Yes  ---  Easy answer, No.
I would not "just" drag any programs or program directories to a different drive.
You will break Windows programs and your "shortcuts".
As far as installing programs on the other drives? Some will let you do that,
others will not, and some will say it is "OK" and then put the bulk of the install
on "C" anyway.  I stopped installing to other drives because I would add
a new drive and all my drive letters would change and break my programs.
You can add a new drive and not have that happen, but I did not know that then.
(CD-ROM letter moving can be "handled" in another way, see below.)
Any DATA that you can move in BULK, should be.
Any directories "you made" should be able to be moved.  Each "type of item"
needs to be chosen individually, and care exercised in moving it.
Sometimes you can move a program directory, then RE-INSTALL TO that
moved directory, (to correct the system stuff), and everything is "OK"...
If it is any consolation, I have a similar setup on a computer, and the same problem.
A not-too-easy-answer is to keep what you want, format and re-install...
It is not to be undertaken lightly.  It is sometimes difficult to get a system up and
running especially if you have a "full" version of Win95, and lots of drivers are
"newer" (not included) in your Windows version.
With one big partition it is hard to "run out" of space for your reasons.
If you have BIOS limitations, you could use E-Zdrive.  I'm not sure how older
systems "top-out" with that these days.  If you have no BIOS limitations, you could
switch/upgrade to Win95b (or higher) and FAT32.
These days I start with a 4g "C" and the CD on "L".
That gives "breathing room" in all the ways I care about.  I never install to the other
partitions, and move them (or the contents) around as necessary, even from one
computer to another.  Hope this gives you some ideas.  Rick Glazier