Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Brenda Dencer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 21:19:10 -0500
Hi, Folks.  Computer less than year old is running all the time, accessing the hard drive constantly and runs slower than molasses on a cold day.  I was playing around and looked in task manager at the processes running.  242!!!!!  What in the ...

There were these files 'anotify.exe' that were all 200 KB.  So I started deleting. As I deleted, one file grew in size--an AOL file.  Did a search on 'anotify.exe' and found out that it is AOL Triton software that controls the pop-ups.  One website told me how to delete and stop this from happening again. I renamed the 'anotify.exe' file that had 'Prefetch' as part of the name. When I went back to task manager processes again, somehow the 'anotify.exe' files had all removed themselves.  I had stopped deleting to do the search.  Now, I'm more mystified.

How did these files get in there and stay?  They seem like spyware or malware or something that isn't healthy, so why don't spyware programs catch them or at least why don't spyware programs questions over 200 of the same file?

I'm going to Trillian

Brenda Dencer
Columbia, MD

                     visit our download web page at: