Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 23:44:00 -0600
Susan writes:

<<I am getting the following message on my Dell desktop today:

Terminating thread due to a stack overflow problem.  A VxD, possibly recently
installed, has consumed too much stack space.  Increase the setting of
"MinSP's" in SYSTEM.INI or remove recently installed VxD's.  There are
currently 5 SP's allocated.>>

This from Windows-Help.NET:

" If you get an error: There are no spare stack pages. It may be necessary
to increase the setting of"MinSPs" in System. ini to prevent possible stack
faults. There are currently (number) SPs allocated.

To resolve this, add the following line to the {386Enh} section of the
system.ini file and then restart your computer:
MinSPs=6

You can do this by selecting  Start > Run, and type  "msconfig" in the Open
: box. Press "OK" . Select the "System.ini" tab, scroll down to, and select
the {386Enh} section. Press "New" and type the command "MinSPs=6", press
"Apply", and follow the prompts.

If the problem persists, increase the number of spare stack pages in
increments of 4 (for example 8, 12, 16).

NOTE: Each spare stack page requires 4KB of memory.

(This is much the same as the MSKB article on the error message which you
are getting).

I suggest changing your minSPs  from 5 to 8.

Don Penlington

Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml