Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 23:33:43 -0400
At 16:10 10/26/00, William Patton (RiverRouge) wrote:
>In Win95 at start up when you see: "Starting Windows 95" you have a
>few seconds to push the F5 or F8 keys for start up options. I am
>inquiring about Win98, since it never shows message: "Starting
>Windows 98", is this option available and when do you push the key.
>Also, I have been told that pushing Ctrl or Shift before Win98 starts
>will give this option menu, but I have been unsuccessful in trying
>this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If the Ctrl key doesn't work (maybe it's a timing problem), you can
add a setting to msdos.sys that will make the boot menu appear.

If you open c:\msdos.sys with Notepad and add the line

BootMenu=1

to the bottom of the text, you'll see the menu when you boot (every time
you boot). You can also add the lines

BootMenuDelay=5
BootMenuDefault=2

to make booting this way easier.

In these lines, 5 is the number of seconds for the boot delay (how long the
menu is visible) and the 2 means that choice 2 in the menu will be chosen
if you don't pick another value in the allotted time. (You can of course
enter a different numbers in these lines if you link.)

You can also do this using Tweakui. (It's a free download from
<http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/guide/tweakui.exe>.)

Go to Control Panel, Tweak UI, Boot. Add a check mark for "Always show
boot menu". You can also type in how many seconds delay you want.
(Microsoft states that this latest Tweakui works for Windows 95, 98,
98SE, ME, NT4, and 2000.)

Instructions for using Tweakui are at
http://www.microsoft.com/NTWorkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp

Regards,