Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:27:21 -0800
Hi Larry, I'm no expert on this, but I would say that it is mostly a
bandwidth issue. I have used net audio and video on 28.8, 56K and now DSL.
Needless to say, the quality and frequency of drops have declined
exponentially with each upgrade. With  DSL the drops are almost
non-existent. I just take it that the net has heavy traffic and congestion
at times for those rare occasions when I do experience drop outs. That and
I'm sure that the server serving up the content is a factor, but all
bandwidth issues.
Brad Loomis
Los Angeles, CA

I've only recently been using the internet to access live broadcasts of
various radio stations mostly using the Windows Media Player. I realize that
the software application uses buffering before presenting the audio to my
speakers but I'm wondering about the infrequent dropping out of the
delivered audio - particularly when I continue to surf websites while
listening. Is this dropping of the delivered signal due to the limitations
of my audio card or is just something I have to live with?

Larry Stewart

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml