Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 22:45:55 -0600
Elliott writes:

<<Now when I boot up a window comes up that
says it cannot find a program referred to in SYSTEM.INI or in the registry.
Then without comment it prints "c:\progra~1\symantec\SYMEVNT.386". >>

This is normal when you delete the folder for an installed program. The
start instructions are left behind in the registry.

Run Regedit and hit F2 to search for any references to SYMEVNT.386. They
will probably appear in the various Run sections of the registry.

Otherwise, see my tutorial  "Computer slow to Start" for where to look in
the registry for startup instructions.  Delete any such references to that
program.

Or you could download msconfig.exe from (I think) the PCSoft archives, or
from Microsoft.  It's a very handy little Win 98 program, but runs OK on
95. It has a startup tab from which you can disable any startup instructions.

Don Penlington
Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                       http://freepctech.com/rode