Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Dec 2005 17:07:03 +1000
Mildred wrote:
>When I open a web site it opens in =
>a minimized form, >>

When posing a problem, there are three pieces of information which are
important:

1. The subject matter (anything as vague as "Help" is unlikely to attract
much attention)
2. The operating system, and, in the case of software, the name of the
software.  Here, we need to know which browser.
3. What remedies you have already tried.  Since you state you have already
received various advice, it's unlikely that readers will respond with the
standard fixes.

However, just in case the standard remedy for this very common annoyance
has not been suggested, and
assuming you are using XP and Internet Explorer, here is the standard fix
for this very common problem.

"IE has a notoriously bad memory for certain things, window sizes among
them. Here is a technique that often fixes the problem, though it's not
guaranteed. First, close all open IE windows, then launch IE again.
Right-click on any link and choose Open in New Window. Resize the resulting
secondary window to the size you want for all secondary windows.

Now close the window by holding the Shift key and clicking the X icon in
its top-right-hand corner. Set the remaining window to the size you want IE
to have when initially launched, and close it in the same way. IE should
now remember your preferred window sizes. If it forgets after a while,
apply this simple fix again."

I'd be extremely surprised and disappointed if your "experts" have not
already suggested this well-known remedy.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml