Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 02:29:58 +1000
Barb writes:

<<I tried to install Norton AV 2004 on my brother's computer this week and =
am having nothing but trouble with the computer since installing it.  He =
was previously running Norton AV 2003 with no trouble.  The program =
required that he install IE 5.5 or higher so I installed 6.0 and did all =
the updates.  He is running Windows 98.  He also uses Netscape and AOL >>

Sadly, a combination of W98/IE6 and AOL is a recipe for potential disaster.
IE 6 was primarily written for XP, and was not good on some W98 systems.
Works fine for others. IE6 is tightly integrated into the OS, and makes
many irreversible changes. Trying to graft NAV 2004 onto all that may be
too much for his system to handle. It may not be so much a NAV problem as
problems arising out of IE6/W98. And having AOL on his system probably
doesn't help any, as that also is, I believe, very invasive.

Provided NAV2004 is fully compatible with W98 (I'm not sure if it is) then
you may need to revert to IE5.5.
Which is, as far as I recall, very difficult. Check back into the archives,
as there has been frequent discussion on how to uninstall IE6 on W98. Or
try a Google search for the procedure---there will be hundreds of listings,
I'm sure.

Perhaps there might be something in the NAV installation notes, or on their
Website, about installing it with that combination.

If NAV leads you to believe that IE6 should be installed with W98, that's
really bad advice (which doesn't surprise me). I doubt that NAV techs read
our journal.

Don Penlington
 From the beach at Surfers Paradise.
http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
for sunny Queensland photos, fractal art, free computer tutorials, and more.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml