Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 2009 19:12:40 -0400
Hi Joyce,
Thanks for remembering my small contribution ;)
As to backup & restoring TB files, I would recommend 2 programs that I've
used:
(Although I mention MB first,I actually prefer MS H :)  you'll see why;)
1.MozBackup   http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/
<http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/>It's an easy program to use and backs up &
restores Mozilla based programs.
2.The other one is MailStore Home
http://www.mailstore.com/en/mailstore-home.aspx
Quote: " MailStore Home enables you to backup all your email messages from
multiple applications and accounts into one secure and persistent archive.
Lightning-fast search, one-click backup, powerful export - all information
from your email is at your fingertips anytime. Never lose important email
again!"
Supports backup (burning) to CD or DVD as well.

Depending on your requirements,I find Mailstore Home to be more versatile
when it comes to email clients or webmail, but Mozbackup has it good points
too.

*Obviously the above is directed at Ed as well.as is the suggestion below.*
Another point to consider getting away from OE, is to use Windows Live Mail
It's the successor to OE and quite similar in its operation.It's an email
client,not webmail.
http://download.live.com/wlmail
A couple of things to remember:
While you will need a Windows Live ID,you don't have to sign up for HotMail,
just get a limited Live ID .Nor do you have to install all the apps that
come when the download is executed.
If you just want the Windows Live Mail -that's what you install .
You'll find it's quite similar to OE.
The download is a pre-download,meaning,you download the file,save it,execute
it and then the actual file or files will be downloaded.M$ does this with
several programs,including IE.
It's when you execute the main file,that you'll get the choices as to what
you want to install.

Hope this will give you additional choices.

Peter E.

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Joyce A <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> It's really easy to establish a set of subfolders under your Inbox in
> T-Bird, then filter the messages using the subject line or whatever
> criterion you choose.   Then you can also establish storage folders in Local
> Folders, and back those up to CD from time to time.  I haven't figured out
> yet how to restore the backed-up email files in T-Bird, but I can open any
> message I please using the MailViewer app that Peter recently told us about.
>
> Joyce in SE Ohio
>
> PS  Firefox is the Mozilla Web browser...  I use it instead of Internet
> Explorer.  There are a few glitches, such as not being able to load a Web
> page on the first try, but IMHO Firefox has it all _over_ IE...
>
> [log in to unmask] wrote:
>
>> The multiple suggestions in favor of Thunderbird over I-Net Explorer (do I
>> have those right?) are quite persuasive.  I may, however, gotten myself into
>> such a horrendous mess that some rash move is required--
>>
>> I'm on far too many mailing lists.  Great quantities of mail arrive (not
>> all spam).  Over a long, long period, I've allowed far too  much to pile up
>> in the inbox.  From time to time, I cull -- but far too little is removed.
>>  And I haven't established a rational system for classifying and storing.
>>  From time to time, I've determined that "I'll want to get at that one more
>> carefully, but later.  There isn't time right now."  And I've sometimes
>> flagged the message, sometimes marked it to "appear unread" (thus to show up
>> bold in the list).
>>
>> Plainly dumb.
>>
>> The question:  If I try to shift to the new system, will I thereby lose
>> access to all that old traffic?  Must I seek some way to move it all to a CD
>> somehow?  Or am I called on simply to dump it all and start with a new
>> person?  Any compassionate suggestions?         ---ed
>>
>> Ed Nelson (from Chicago's southmost suburbs)
>>

>               Curious about the people moderating your
>                  messages? Visit our staff web site:
>                   http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!