Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:39:55 -0600
Neysa,

When you installed Earthlink's software it "branded" your Internet Explorer
(IE) and Outlook Express (OE). Many Web based and other ISPs do this. I've
found that it saves a lot of headaches and prevents many problems down the
line by setting up the accounts manually using only the necessary
information from the ISP.

Removing the branding requires that you edit the registry. If you feel
confident in doing this, go to Start \ Run and type in "regedit", sans
quotes, and hit the "Enter" key. Backup the registry then...

In Regedit, navigate to this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    \Identities
        \{GUID}
            \Software
                \Microsoft
                    \Outlook Express
                        \5.0

In the right-hand pane, right-click on the value WindowTitle and then click
Delete. Or click on Modify and enter the title of your choice.

To remove the branding from IE, navigate to the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    \Software
        \Microsoft
            \Internet Explorer
                \Main

In the right-hand pane, right-click on the value Window Title (note the
blank space) and then click Delete. Or click on Modify and enter the title
of your choice. If the value Window Title does not appear, check under this
key instead:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    \Software
        \Microsoft
            \Internet Explorer
                \Main

I'm not clear on what you meant by your OE messages being sent with your old
address. If you don't have the Earthlink account they can't be sent by
Earthlink so maybe the "Reply address:" in your present account is the old
address. Verify that all your account data is current.

On your question about Outlook, I'm sure someone who uses Outlook will
answer that for you. In OE, it's located at File \ Identities.

Sven Swanson, Sr.