Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 2009 21:17:32 -0700
>In the past you could legally move the full version from PC to PC,
>but the oem version was just for one PC and not moveable.
>Does anyone know if this is the same for W7?

In this regard it is the same as XP and Vista. The OEM version is for
one particular PC, and can not be moved. The retail upgrade version
can be moved as often as you wish, which is a change from XP and Vista.

>Does this mean that if I load the 64 bit version and am not happy
>with it, then I can load the 32 bit version?  (Even if I have
>activated the 64 bit version?)  Or, if I load it on a new computer
>(assuming that I have the right to do this), that I can pick a
>different version?

The retail DVD has both 32 and 64 versions on it and yes you should
be able to switch versions. However, I think you have a month before
you are required to activate it. And I don't really know if MS
considers the bit a version, I would doubt it. My guess is as long as
you are only running one copy you are OK.

A big difference between XP, Vista, and Windows 7 is that with Win7
it is the same DVD for all versions, only the key is different. This
means that if later you decide to upgrade from one version to another
all you do is change the key rather then a new install on top of your
existing install.

Of course, this is what I have read to date from reliable sources
such as PCWORLD, and CNET but things may change last minute. We are
five days from launch so we should get a lot of answers in the next
couple of weeks.

Mark Rode

                       http://freepctech.com/rode