Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Sue Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 02:25:53 -0400
On 16 Apr 2002 at 0:03, Diane Kroeckel wrote:

> How do you remove Network Neighborhood from the desktop?
Go to >Start>Settings>Control Panel>Network
On the Configuration Tab, you should have Client For Microsoft
Networks (and perhaps others).
Highlight each one individually EXCEPT TCP-IP and click the
remove button. DO NOT remove the TCP-IP protocol. You only
want to remove the "clients."
When you're done, click the okay button, and you'll be asked to
restart the computer. When you reboot, network neigborhood will
be gone. And so will the neighborhood, as it's not just deleting (or
hiding) the shortcut. So be absolutely sure you want to do this. If
you're just using the computer at home, you don't need it.

> Also, how do you remove Log Off/On from the Start Menu?
That should remove itself when you remove the network
neighborhood.

> One more thing, how do you get your computer to stop running Scan Disk at
> startup when you improperly shut down your computer?

Shut down the computer properly if you don't want it to run. If you
just hit the off button, or reset, Windows doesn't get a chance to
clean itself out. Without getting technical, that's the simplest way to
put it...it's a cleanup operation after the fact.
> Thanks for helping with my many questions.

Hope the answers help. :-)

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml