Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 1999 11:26:34 -0800
On 1 Apr 99, at 0:35, Gonzo (Adam Gonsman) wrote:

> I just re-set up my linux box. I'm trying to get it set up so that
> my Win98 machine can run X Windows on the Linux box. It's my
> understanding that this is possible to have linux do the executing
> and send the display back to an X server running on another machine.
> I have set up a freeware X server on my 98 machine called Mix 95. I
> cannot, however, figure out how to specify where the display is sent
> to. When I telnet into the Linux box and try to start X windows, it
> starts on the Linux box and displays to its screen only. Can anyone
> tell me what I'm supposed to be doing? I don't know that much about
> this whole thing and have really no idea how to go about this. Any
> help you could give would be appreciated.

  It's been a few years since I worked on X-servers, so things may have
evolved a bit.  But I think that I recall that (one way) to fix this is
to have an environment variable (called "DISPLAY", I think) on your
Linux session, specifying the IP address and screen number (usually 0)
of the machine you want the X session directed to (your Win98 box).
  There may be other ways to specify this as well, but if none are
chosen then I believe it will default to the loopback address
(127.0.0.1) which talks to the X server on the application host (the
Linux box).

  See

http://www.jach.hawaii.edu/user/figaro4/figdisp.html

section 2.  Apparently their systems allow specification of the Xserver
machine by host name as an alternative to IP address....

David G

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com