Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 09:19:13 -0500
Seems like "he" needs to check or "fine tune"
three or four settings, and see what "works for him"
First check the version he is using, and update it if
necessary. You can check his "mail headers" from his
messages to you. The following is about the lowest
"he" might want to be.  This does not include the
security updates, but is a good "baseline" number.

Have him look at and play with the following
settings. (His "mileage may vary, so I won't
explain them.)  Start MS Outlook Express, Go to:

Tools| Options | General, General Settings.
Put a check mark in box for "Check for new messages
every (5) minute(s).  (Use five minutes as a start.)
While there, check mark "Play sound" You should get
at least a little beep, (Or assign a sound in Control
Panel.)

Tools| Options |Dial Up, When OE starts...
Pick one...

Tools| Options |Dial Up, Hang up...
Pick one...

I don't know if they interact, or if the
status screen I get while doing a manual
send and receive will over ride the last one
above, but I usually set that status screen to
hang-up.

In general, with my settings, when I am "surfing"
the WEB, if Outlook Express is running, it will
"get and send" all my mail in the background
and not hang up the connection --- Even though I
have it set that way at least two places...
The hang up settings only seem (for me) to work
when I hit the button "send and receive".
Good luck, "your" settings boxes may look different,
and "your" mileage may vary...
        Rick Glazier

Sanborn, John <[log in to unmask]>
>>A friend of mine's machine is set to autodownload
>>his e-mail, but when he first brings up OL it
>>connects and then sits there.  If I then hit
>>'send & receive' it will dl the messages and hangs
>>up.  It works ok just doing a 'send & receive'.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html