Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 20:29:35 -0600
A net friend recently upgraded from Win2000 Pro to WinXP Pro.  She bought
the Upgrade cd...not the full WinXP Pro cd.   A problem keeps cropping
up.   It started with Internet Explorer and is now seen in other
programs.   She then told me reinstalled WInXP Pro.   After that she sent
the following note.

******************************beginning of quote
She wrote:
I am once again getting the same error message. AppName:explorer.exe,
Ver6.0 MODNAME: msvbm60.dll ver 6.0 Offset 000029546.  This time I am NOT
getting it when I open I.E., but it does popup when I open other programs
that apparently use I.E.,  I've gone
<http://support.msn.com/kb/318378/EN-US>http://support.msn.com/kb/318378/EN-US
Which describes how to fix/disconnect I.E..
and then reinstall I.E.  The error message they have written there is
exactly what I get when I try to reinstall I.E. Ver 6.0.  I did all the
other things mentioned there except for the part Page 1, section 1 where it
says to click RUN and type sfc/scannow.. My PC will not open.

I've run FIND FOLDERS AND FILES.  But when I find the files I don't know
what to do with them.  Such as in the 2 games (web based games) where I
found msvbm60.dll, and then I also found it in C:\winnt\sys32 App Extension
as well as 2 places in E HD, \winnt\svcpackFile3\i386 and winnt\sys32- App
Extension.
*****************************end of quote

Finding the file on C; is understandable.   Not sure why she's finding it
on E:   She has two hard drives and does clone the C: to the second hard
drive.  Not sure she has done this yet.   However, I would think that would
be to a D: drive.   Possibly the E: was found because she still had her
upgrade cd in her cd drive.  I've written to her questioning this.

My question:
I don't think her problem is with Internet Explorer as such.  My research
shows the msvbm60.dll is part of Visual Basic 6.    I'm wondering if
reinstalling those files from this url would help.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7b9ba261-7a9c-43e7-9117-f673077ffb3c&DisplayLang=en

Any other suggestions appreciated.

Sue Na

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's: