Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Maryann Short <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:21:48 -0800
PROBLEM:
I had to reload Windows95 and now I can't open several Internet
Explorer-related folders that reside in the Windows directory. Of those,
the only folder I really care about is my Favorites folder. Also, my
Quick Launch icons on the task bar are gone.

DETAILS:
- I don't have a full Win95 CD. I reloaded Win95 using the emergency
recovery CD my laptop's manufacturer (Fujitsu) provided.
- The folders I can't open are Downloaded Program Files, Favorites,
Occache, Offline Web Pages, and Tasks.
- I can't open these folders in Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer. I
can see them in Explorer, but nothing happens when I click them. They
don't show up at all when I click the Favorites button in IE.
- I can access the shortcuts that were on my Quick Launch from Explorer
(C:\Windows\application data\microsift\internet explorer\quick launch),
but there's no QL area on my task bar.

WHAT I'VE TRIED:
- I reloaded IE 5.5, but that didn't fix anything.
- I tried to delete Favorites and I tried to rename it, but I get a
message saying it's a system folder and can't be deleted or renamed.
- I can export my Favorites folder, which creates a web page where I can
click the URLs, but that didn't do anything to fix the problem, of
course.
- I can't add any new URLs to Favorites.
- I ran the online scan at http://www.bright.net/virus.html that Alan
Thompson provided this list. It found no viruses.
- I asked the PCSoft gurus for help :-)

TIA
Maryann

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!