Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 2004 13:30:16 -0800
  Although many firewall products will provide a reasonable "one size fits
all" configuration right out of the box, all can benefit from a little
customization, and there may be some reason why your situation requires more
than most.
  You say the Sygate had been working for a year.  What changed?  Did you
recently update XP to SP2?  In many cases, that will try to enable the XP
firewall, and it may be the combination of this with your third-party
firewall that causes your connection to break -- you only need one or the
other active.

Dave Gillett

On 25 Dec 2004 at 11:07, Sam Baughman wrote:

> Recently I have found that I can not access the internet for email and
> surfing while my firewall is operational.  I was using Sygate's personal
> firewall for over a year with no problems.  After searching MS KB and
> Sygate's page, I found that if I disabled it, I could connect to the
> internet.  At this time I was using Norton's Systemwork's 2003 and NAV had
> just expired.  I thought it was related to Norton's so I uninstalled and
> tried System Mechanic with the Kaspersky Antivirus and firewall.  No luck,
> whe the firewall is activated, no connection.
>
> My system is home built with a FIC AN11 mobo, Athlon XP1800+ (1.5 GHz) CPU,
> 512 RAM, a cable modem connected via USB.  I ruled out the modem by
> installing the NIC and trying to connect via the NIC card, same deal with
> the firewall.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Sam Baughman

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's: