Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jn Ottie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2007 14:35:00 -0400
Original Message --
From: "Richard Glazier" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 10:46 AM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Problems with 52X CD-RW and 16X DVD ROM

It would seem you need an older version of "OEM Nero"
that not only supports your OEM unit, but the older OS...
(The OEM disks "generally" were hard coded (in different batches)
to small numbers  (groups) of manufacturers so the OEM install disks
could not be passed around "to friends", etc...)
Example: A "Lite-On disk" would not install if you had a Pioneer drive, etc...)

v6 (with latest patch/revision) still worked with Win98.

<SNIP>

I fairness to Nero, I think v7 would be a "hog" and run slow on a computer
of that age.

                                               RickGlazier

$$$

Dan,

I've got to agree with Rick's response to your NERO post.

FWIW, I've never had any problems with NERO's 6.x series software on any PC on which I installed the software. It's does eveything I ever need to do without all the excess baggage that comes with later versions.

I believe the oldest machine I set up with the software in the past few months was on a 8 or 9 year old Toshiba V3100 with a 500MHz Intel Celeron processor for a neighbor; the things burns CDs or DVDs without any problems whatsoever, having never yet to the best-of-my-knowledge made a coaster. Also have it installed on my first 'modern' PC: an April 1999 Dell Vxx_c desktop with a 333MHz Medicino Celeron CPU (currently running a PowerLeap 1.4Ghz Tualatin Celeron Slot-1 upgrade under W2K).

WHERE TO GET IT:

You can still download multiple 6.x series versions from the FileHippo.com archives:
Nero Burning Rom 6.6.1.15a, et al
http://filehippo.com/download_nero_burning_rom/

And, believe-it-or-not, Nero still supports the product with upgrades at this location:
Nero 6.6 Ultra Edition Update - Gold Edition
http://www.nero.com/nero6/enu/nero-up.php

HTH. Please let us know how you make out. I am,

Very truly yours,
Jeffrey Ottie

eom

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's: