Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Derek Buchanan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2011 08:31:51 -0400
Ian,
   I don't know if you are overlooking anything per se.  I had difficulty
with this one time as well on a person's machine.  They had used the "Set
Access and Defaults" option in XP and I think it went to paranoia overboard
on the security.  As a workaround, I downloaded and burned a 'Live CD" of a
linux distribution like you find today available.  (ex. Ubuntu)  I then
booted off the Linux CD to preview the OS NOT install it.  From there I
could see the two drives and then I copied the data from one to the other.
I rebooted and logged into Windows and the files were there with no further
issues.  If you have further difficulties with the file permissions after
the copy, then you might to take a look at this article.

http://pe2s.com/file-permissions-windows-vista-windows-7/

Derek

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 9:44 PM, ian-c <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Second attempt to get this query posted to list.
>
> I have an NTFS-formatted drive I pulled from a dead XP system.  Using a
> SATA/IDE to USB adapter, I'm trying to transfer data from it onto my current
> Win7 system.  But I keep running into permission issues.  I can't so much as
> open, much less copy/move any document I want to save (text, .doc or even
> e-books in pdf format).  I've taken ownership of the folder, properties of
> documents within reflect this, yet the following occurs when trying to open
> files:
>
> PDFs: "Could not open file" / "File not found"
>
> Text: " Access to {Path/filename.txt} was denied
>
> Word doc: "...user does not have access privileges"
>
> When trying to copy any of these files, I get File Access Denied UAC prompt
> stating I need permission.  I click continue, then pop-up again, this time
> "you require permission from {%user%} to make changes to this file".   I am
> that user; it's my login with admin rights, the same one which took
> ownership of these files.
>
> I can't figure out what I'm overlooking and would appreciate any
> help/suggestions offered.
>
> Ian Carmichael
>
>                 Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
>              articles, how-to's, tech tips and much more
>                         http://freepctech.com

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml