Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 19:03:22 -0700
On 27 Apr 99, at 13:19, JMB wrote:

> I noticed in the above that the path statement has several 'C:\windows'
> labels.  I believe I can remove the duplicates, right?

  Yes.  These may be the result of re-installing Windows a couple of times.

> When I REM'd the Change Directory and CALL C: lines towards the end of the
> autoexec.BAT file, that is when the system just recycles.

  See
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q142/5/44.asp
(or
http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/axcel216/secrets.htm#WINW
).  I think that you also want to remove the "/W" after win.com in this case.

> But at least do one thing.  Correct me if I am wrong, but if the system is
> WIN98, then there really isn't any need for the config.sys and autoexec.bat
> files unless someone truly wants to run DOS games in DOS mode, right?  (My
> son's new laptop does not have anything in his Config.sys and Autoexec.BAT
> files.  He does have an Autoexec.BAR file, but text within the file
> indicates it is for making a DOS BOOT DISK! And since it is a .BAR
> extension, it won't execute at startup, right?) So do I really need these
> two files (as constructed) or are they designed just for DOS games?

  I have a hunch that that "cwdinit" in CONFIG.SYS may be initializing the
CrystalWare Audio hardware -- unless you have a real Win98 driver for it, you
may lose sound if you omit this.
David G

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html