Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mike Lanspa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:12:32 -0500
I've been trying to run a thorough scan disk and defrag for several weeks on my computer (WIN98).  However, I've tried over several weekends to run a thorough scandisk (overnight), only to find out the next morning that the procedure stopped and restarted 10 times because IE v.6.0 was writing to the disk.  I quit all processes (except Explorer and SYSTRAY), and the toolbars, make sur eno virus or firewall software is running, but it still won't run.  I even tried it in SAFE mode several times (IE process is running and cannot be stopped without rebooting) --- and the same thing happened.  My last resort was to try thorough scan disk with the high speed modem shut off (in Safe mode again) so IE is taken completely out of the equation, but it still quit after 10 tries.  I would like to be able to find out what it is that's running in background, writing to the disk, and preventing my running scandisk and defrag.

Michael Lanspa

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml