Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:40:25 +0800
Paul,

Help files are typically .chm or .hlp extensions....
.chm are associated with hh.exe
.hlp are associated with winhlp32.exe

Regards,

Rick P

------------------------------

Date:    Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:31:58 -0600
From:    "Paul A. Valentine" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Help needed with Help...

Hi Friends,

I'm running Windows XP Home OEM SP1, 512 ram on PIIII 2.4. The
Help>Contents (or whatever the program might call it) doesn't open in
some, but not all, of my software. One commonly used example would be
Irfanview. I click Irfanview Help from the help menu and nothing
happens. Some software gives me a box saying something like "Help files
could not be opened>OK" Other programs, i.e. Photoshop and Office 2k for
example open Help files just fine.

Do I have a corrupt, or missing, or disassociated Windows file that
causes this.

If so, I wonder which file it is. My wife's XP computer works ok on
accessing Help, so I could probably get the file from her if only I knew
which one I need.

Thanks in advance for the advice,

Paul

Y'all take care now! Y'hear?