Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Changhsu P. Liu" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 10:03:44 -0500
I can provide general steps on how I install a fresh system.

For this to work you need to have multiple partitions. Reserve at least 1GB
or 2GB for c:\ where the system goes.

1) Prepare a startup disk. You can create one from "Add/Remove Programs."
2) Insert Win98 CD and copy the win folder to HD other than c:\ (so that
you don't have to hassle with start disk being able to recognize CD, and
it's faster than CD).
3) Copy the Command folder of you system folder to another partition so in
case you need some DOS commands. I don't quite remember if startup disk
have format.com, make sure it has it, or use the one from command folder
you copy to another partition.
4) Boot with your startup disk. Choose no CD-ROM support since you already
have Windows setup part on HD.
5) Format you c:/ where the system will go. e.g., format c:\ /s
6) Go to the directory where you Windows installer was copied, and type "setup"
7) Follow the instruction on screen and after a few reboots, you have the
basic system.
8) There are many steps to go that are different for each system (e.g.,
install all the drivers like video, audio, modem, scsi, etc, install all
you major programs)

These are all based on memory, but at least you get the idea. If you're not
experienced, you're probably looking at a half or a whole day of work.
There are always some unexpected problems. Do more research and write down
your steps before you proceed.

Good luck,

Changhsu Liu

At 03:33 PM 12/27/99 -0500, you wrote:
 >I need the step by step instructions on a fresh install of win98se for my
 >PII, 450mhz,128ram,13.6gbHD,CD-ROM, no back up options available. I want
 >keep my 1.2gb of personal data and files.  It will be a first time so being
 >a length with the steps would help.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html