Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Juanita Kimble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 21:58:05 -0500
I got a message today telling me if I had this on my C: drive to delete it. I followed the instructions, but I didn't find it. I did a search on goggle and it said it is a hoax. Is it? I just reformatted. I did have it before then. Haven't been able to find it by following the directions on the message I received.

Here it is!

  I just found out that I received a virus from someone that has my name in their email address book. As a result, my address book on which I have your email address has also been infected by a virus called jdbgmgr.exe.The virus is not detected by Norton or McAfee antivirus system. The virus stays quiet for 14 days before damaging the system. It is sent automatically by the messenger and by the address book, whether or not I have sent emails directly to you. I have found and deleted it. Now it is your turn.

  1. Go to start and click

  2. Go to Find or Search option

  3. In the files/folder option, write the name jdbgmgr.exe

  4. Be sure you search in your C: drive

  5. Click "find now"

  6. The virus has a little bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe. DO NOT OPEN IT.

  7. Highlight the file

  8. Press the shift key and the delete key and the file will be removed from your hard drive.

  9. If you find the virus, you must contact all the people in your address book so they can eradicate it in their own address books.

  Juanita

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml