Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 12:09:29 -0400
Good Morning

The attempt here is being made not to install "any" program but
specifically a program competing for the same market (anti virus
software)

To answer the "original"question    No there is not a way to get
around the installing inoculateIT while keeping nortons (or even
a variety of other anti virus programs) installed regardless of
whether nortons is enabled/active or not.   InoculateIT tends to
not like being installed along side a competitor,  However Once
installed and others are installed afterwards InoculateIT will
play nicely with the others and not conflict under normal
circumstances.

Those "normal circumstances" Include that only One of the anti
virus programs is active at any given time.  You can have any
number of anti virus programs Installed but only one can be
active in either real time scan mode (always on)  or on demand
mode (simple checking of a single file/folder).  If you attempt
to use more then one anti virus program at a time you may
encounter conflicts as each program will attempt to open/scan
files at possibly the same time in different manners which could
lead to files ending up corrupt and/or unusable.

I personally have a total of 14 antivirus/antitrojan programs
installed (on a secondary harddrive) and have not have any
problems with them interacting together individually.
InoculateIT upon install insists that certain products be
UNinstalled first (nortons.PcCillin and mcafee to name a few).
Some others tend to Warn you that you are installing a competing
product when one is already there but will allow you to continue
leaving original intact.  Before anyone even thinks of asking
"Why does she have/need so many anti virus programs" its due to
my involvement of the Hackfix project (http://www.hackfix.org/)

I do hope that has helped some

Christy White (nee Duncan)

On 5/13/01 at 12:34 AM Jack R Payton wrote:

>On Sat, 12 May 2001 10:23:08 -0400 Demetri Kolokotronis
><[log in to unmask]> writes:
>> This was a typo. I meant to type UNinstall NAV. I wanted to
know if I
>> could get around that to install InoculateIt. Thanks.
>> Demetri Kolokotronis
>
>Installing/using more than one virus checker (what I've read,
plus
>personal experience).
>1. When installing ANY program - assuming it's known to be
virus-free -
>it's best to "disable" whatever active virus checkers are
running.
>Uninstalling say NAV - as opposed to merely "disabling" it -
seems both
>excessive and unnecessary.
>2. Running two or more "active" - ie, running/enabled - virus
checkers
>could cause interference between the two, so I've read. Thus, it
would
>seem best to disable one or the other. (Some experts may shed
more light
>on this issue, eg that two AV programs at once is OK.)
>3. Having more than one virus checker actually installed would
seem no
>problem at all, at least not if both aren't running/enabled at
the same
>time. It would allow a quick check/recheck of any suspicious
file.

>jack payton

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml