Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 09:21:25 -0500
Alvin,

Your first example is for a license ONLY ---
there is NO software included.  Hence the wording:
           "...Media sold separately..."
(media being the CD)

This is for people who already own MS Office and want to (legally) install
it on a second PC.

Your second example did not include a price, so I can't comment on the
value.

Basically there are two versions of MS Office.  The STANDARD version
includes Word, Excel, and PowerPoint along with the OFFICE applets (like
DRAW and BINDER and the shortcut bar) .  The PRO version adds MS ACCESS to
the package.  If you do NOT need database capability then focus on the
STANDARD packages and ignore the PRO packages.  If you later decide that
you need database, you can always buy the "2002 version" next year <grin>
(since MS is now releasing a new version every year)

The confusion is caused because -- in addition to the two basic versions
of Office -- MS has also created several BUNDLE products (notice I did not
say versions) , such as the one which includes Bookshelf Basics.  These
BUNDLED products just add extra goodies to the package.

Oh, I think there is an OEM version of Office also.  OEM means that if you
have a problem, don't call MS -- call the PC manufacturer.  It is an
incredibly clever way for MS to now create and distribute products and
never have to worry about supporting them.
(If you think software (overall) has a poor quality level now, just wait
until this concept gets fully entrenched into the market)

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====