Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"James E. Griffin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 13:42:34 -0400
Alan, I'm curious. I've been running Norton Anti virus on 98 since the
commercial version was released; actually, I got my copy of 98 a week
before the official date. I've had no problems at all with NAV. That
system is a Pentium 233 with 64 MB SDRAM with eprom. It's a Matsonic
TX-PRO2 motherboard, a 32X Acer cd-rom, 56k modem, SCSI HP 2cx
scanner--upgraded to 6100 software. To add to the hardware mix-up, I've
got an Iomega zip drive on a second parallel port -- old ISA card from
my computer parts museum, because zip drive wasn't compatible with the
motherboard parallel port. Now, it all hums along fine on 98 with lots
of legacy 16 bit programs, because of my client's needs. Once I'm happy
with this setup, I'll network it into my other systems.

My point is, I had a bit of work to do to get everything to agree to
cooperate. I'm continuously surprised at what I've got to do to get some
hardware/software combinations to work together. Sometimes 1 program
causes the whole ball of wax to melt; I had a problem with a Broderbund
ClickArt program installation routine which hung the whole damn system.
After finding that the conflict had to do with what the install routine
was looking for, all is now well.

Perhaps Darlene's problem may be due more to installing 98 over windows
95. Darlene, could you give us a little more to go on about your system,
and what other software you're running?

Best regards,
Jim Griffin

--
Prometheus was the first Beta Tester.
Sisyphus was the Corinthian Systems Administrator.