Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Steve Face <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 20:03:59 -0700
I'm experiencing errors on startup after the installation of a scanner
driver. I have a Windows 98SE system with a P4 2 GHz processor and an Intel
D845 MB with a GeForce4 Ti4400 video card. The system has been running fine
for over a year. Two days ago I uninstalled an HP Scanner that I could not
get to work. I then installed a Canon 5000F scanner. The driver did not
initially work, so I uninstalled it and then did a reinstall with the
programs in system tray paused or off. The scanner then worked fine.
When I turned the computer on yesterday, I was prompted for a Windows
password. Then when I went to connect to Internet, the dialup connection
box did not have my password. I searched, found the password written down,
but it didn't work. Well, I decided to reboot. When the system came up, the
video was default 640x480 and 2 color and I got a rundll error on
initialization. This happened each time I tried to boot. I also lost the mouse.
I booted into safe mode and used msconfig to turn off all the startup
files: autoexec, config, system, win, and start programs. I then booted
normally and the system came up. I could not change the video display. I
kept getting the message that I had to reboot to change the video settings,
but nothing ever changed. I then used the video driver disc to reload the
driver, even though the driver was supposedly the right one. The video
changed after that. I isolated the problem to the system,ini file. All the
other startup files are running as before. I can't turn off all the
system.ini lines but the ones that are default on consist of:
Default     Remix = 1
                GoodWavePos = 0
                WaveBlocks = 5
                SamplesPerSec = 11
                WaveBlockLen = 688
Not compatible    nothing here
Password Lists    ..=C:\Windows\001.PWL
Boot          *DisplayFallback = 0

If I enable the system.ini, everything goes to pot and I have to boot to
safe mode, disable the system.ini, and reload the video driver from disc.
Oh, I did uninstall the Canon scanner driver.
Thoughts anyone.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml