Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Ron Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:34:08 +0100
'Open With' jammed
Many thanks for the helpful suggestion about reinstalling WinXP - I set out to do this by putting in the CD with XP on it, and found the intrusive WordPad window full of code there, too - blocking the 'Install' instruction; but when I tried another item on the list, I found advice on using 'Safe Mode' by pressing F8 (this was blocked in other places on my HD such as Help and Run) which enabled me to slip past WordPad and call up 'Safe Mode', from where 'Restore' (also blocked) could be called into play, and things are back to normal.
Ron

Message Received: Nov 13 2006, 05:01 AM
From: "PCSOFT automatic digest system"
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: PCSOFT Digest - 11 Nov 2006 to 12 Nov 2006 (#2006-279)

Topics of the day:

1. Stopping a program without "being there"
2. Power Point Question
3. Email problems (2)
4. 'Open With' jammed
5. Using Windows XP

visit our download web page at:
http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 13:07:46 -0800
From: Steve Brumbaugh
Subject: Stopping a program without "being there"

Hi,

I've got a program I would like to run when I'm not near the computer.
However, I also need to be able to exit the program in a normal way at a
preset time when I know I won't be around. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,
Steve B.

PCSOFT's List Owner's:
Bob Wright
Drew Dunn

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:38:33 -0800
From: "Tony M."
Subject: Re: Power Point Question

Lewis -

This may seem like a silly question but have you scrolled down in the
options for the "save as..."? On mine, they continue beyond sight.

Tony Mayer

>Hi Lewis,
>
>That is strange. My power point 2003 has a number of "Save as" options
>including .pps.
>
>Maybe just try renaming the file from .ppt to .pps.
>
>Russ

our special coffee cups and mouse pads
with the PCSOFT logo... at a great price!!!

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 07:37:57 -0500
From: John Clemence
Subject: Email problems

Hello, I have a very obscure problem with my emails. I have recently boug=
ht a new laptop, good spec with XP prof service pack 2. I have 3 email ad=
dresses - [log in to unmask] , [log in to unmask] and the one provide=
d by my internet service provider [log in to unmask] - the first 2 a=
ddresses are forwarded to the tesco address. These addresses all function=
for sending and receiving mail from my old laptop and desk top. After co=
mmissioning the new laptop and duplicating all the settings in outlook ex=
press from my old laptop I find I can receive all emails sent to my 3 add=
resses but I cannot seem to send any mail to anyone apart from to john.cl=
[log in to unmask] - I don't get any message to say the mails have not been=
delivered, they appear in my sent items folder. I wondered if there was =
a problem with the outlook express on the new machine so I installed Thun=
derbird but exactly the same result - I send emails to anyone including m=
y 3 addresses but the only one that gets through is to the @tesco.net add=
ress and no failed to deliver message. Everything in Tools, Accounts, Mai=
l, Properties is identical to the other 2 machines, (desktop and old lapt=
op, Dell 8200). Any thoughts and advice would be very much appreciated.
Kind regards,
John.

http://freepctech.com/rode

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 07:37:22 -0500
From: Chris Ryan
Subject: Re: 'Open With' jammed

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 11:14:56 -0600
From: Connie Chisum
Subject: Re: Email problems

Check what you have or have had as your outgoing mail server. Most time it
is the same as incoming.

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 15:20:37 -0500
From: Loy Pressley
Subject: Using Windows XP

I recently changed to Windows XP SP2 on my home computer system. I have
a System Administrator sign on identity and my usual sign on. Normally,
I'm signed on with my usual identity. Sometimes, I have occasion to
save a file to the desktop. However, sometimes the file I've saved does
not show up on the desktop? Why does this happen? How can I make
Windows save the file to the desktop where I can find it easily?

Also, I have many shortcuts in the start menu and I want to combine some
of them in a folder. I right click on start and select explore and all
of the shortcuts are not there. I go back and select the start menu and
all the programs are still there. What is going on?

I have been around computers and working on computers since the Amiga
and AppleII days. I have to be pretty dense, though, not to be able to
figure out what's going on. I understand that there are different
desktops for each user but what I don't understand is why. when I save
something to the desktop, it does not, oftentimes, show up on my desktop
and I have to scramble around to find it somewhere in the C: drive file
system.

Thanks for any help answering what I know must be a stupid question.

Loy

http://freepctech.com/rode

End of PCSOFT Digest - 11 Nov 2006 to 12 Nov 2006 (#2006-279)