Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dennis Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:11:26 -0600
>As Rob stated, I only use the
>>encrypted sales sites for giving out credit card information, but again
the
>>insecure part is that there are people on the other end,
>
>The little research I did on encrypted secure sites, is that the CC info
>never reaches the site.....it is encrypted, then sent the CC company and
the
>unencrypted...The CC company then sends to the site that the CC is
>approved...this may not be at all sites or even correct, maybe I was
>mislead....I would be interested to hear anyone who has more info on this
or
>opposing information....

I do not know what is meant by an encripted site, however I sell products
over the internet and accept credit cards. While I have a secure online
ordering system, I do not really understand how it works or what makes it
secure. I pay an anual fee for this service. When I rcv. an order, I do get
the CC number on the online form that I rcv. I get this form via EMail. I
then have to manually enter the CC info into either my computer or my
terminal in order to be payed by the CC company. If I do not have the CC, I
have to enter in a portion of the address and zip code and I am only allowed
to ship to the address on file with the CC company. If the address given
does not match up with the one on file with the CC company for that CC, it
is rejected by the system, I do not get an approval number and thus cannot
process the order.

Dennis Noble
Computer Parts & Upgrades
http://www.computersalacarte.com