Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rich Levey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 11:03:50 -0400
A short time after starting this utility (about 30 seconds) it restarts and
displays a message that the contents of the hard drive has changed.  I
realize that this could be caused by antivirus and other software that
periodically accesses the drive, so I did the following.
1.  Removed all the contents of the startup folders.
2.  Suspended (Rem) anything that looked likely in the Config & Autoexec
files.
3.  Unchecked "Load Startup Group Items" in the System Configuration
Utility.
4.  Unchecked almost everything in the Startup tab in the System
Configuration Utility.
5.  Using the Close Program Dialog box shut down every process except
Explorer.

When the above didn't work I launched  Defrag from the registry setting:
Hkey_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServiceOnce,
so it would run before most of the Win98 overhead is loaded.  This did not
work either.  I also noticed that all through this the System Monitor
showed continuous spikes and plateaus in Kernel Processor Usage averaging
about  36% and Kernel threads about 39.  Just to be sure I also ran
VirusScan with the latest dat file.  Does anyone have an idea as to what
may be accessing the disk and chewing up over 30% of my cpu.  The equipment
is a Dell Optiplex GX1, 400 Mhz, 128MB RAM, 8GB HDD.  Thanks in advance for
any help.

Rich Levey

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>