Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 20:18:38 -0500
I'm using Windows ME.  Does that make a difference?  If adjusting things through msconfig is okay, then why does Windows insist on telling me this each time I power on?

Take care of yourself and those you love.

Bernice Fritz
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bob Wright
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2000 9:56 AM
  Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Selective Startup

  At 02:02 PM 11/27/2000, Bernice Fritz wrote:
  >Good morning.  I've done a search on the archives but haven't been able to come up with
  >an answer to this.
  >
  >I've gone into Selective Startup to stop particular programs from running on startup.  I
  >too, as someone else stated, have been told by a Microsoft tech. to use this mode for
  >troubleshooting only.  However, I've been told by Dell techs that this doesn't
  >matter.  The Microsoft said I should go into the registry to change these items so they
  >don't start until I open them.  How do I do this.
  >
  >I know some people will probably say that Selective Startup will be good enough but if
  >it is then why do I keep getting a window that says "You are using Selective Startup for
  >troubleshooting your system."  This window will not go away until I click OK.  This says
  >to me that Microsoft doesn't view this as the normal or correct way to do this.

  I wish you had told us the version of Windows this involves, but if it
  was Windows95 or Windows98 I recommend using  MSCONFIG to
  see what is starting and you can disable any programs within MSCONFIG.

  If you are using Windows95, you will need to download this file from
  our website, extracting it to your C:\windows directory.
     http://nospin.com/pc/files004.html

  If you are using Windows98 it is included.

  Just click on Start | Run  and type MSCONFIG  and press Enter.
  Then click on the Startup tab.  You will see a listing of all the
  programs that start when Windows loads.  Just uncheck the
  box in front of any program you wish to disable.   This
  process is much easier for anyone unfamiliar with editing the
  registry and very effective.

       Bob Wright
  The NOSPIN Group

                     messages? Visit our staff web site: