Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 02:54:37 -0600
Alan writes:

<<I cannot receive any mail with
attachments that contain, what Outlook describes as Level 1 files. This
includes just about every file extension. There are some e-mails with
.exe attachments that I want to get>>

Alan--how experienced are you?  Opening any .exe file received by email is
fraught with danger, even with the best antivirus programs running..

There are lots of 'orrible nasties out there right now.

Personally, I don't open ANY email attachment other than a graphic file
such as .jpg.  NOT EVER.

You would need to know the name of the file you're expecting as an
attachment, and confirm first by phone or otherwise with the person sending
it.  I assume you know (but I hope this will help others perhaps less
experienced) that many viruses replicate by sending you a message of the
type: "Here is the file you asked for" from a source that you know.

I mention this specifically because I have, within the last hour, received
a note from a friend, very experienced in computers, to say that 5 out of 6
partitions on the HD of his main computer have been completely wiped clean
of ALL data--he doesn't yet know how, but thinks it can only be some sort
of virus attack.  He deals with a large number of emails and attachments
every day---one malevolent one (a Sircam variant?) must have slipped through.

Can't help you specifically, as I don't use Outlook (if I did, I'd have
even more reason to avoid attachments).  I assume you've hunted thru its
security settings.

Don Penlington
Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.