Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Orf Bartrop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 15:35:25 +1100
Ghost will indicate that the first drive encountered is Drive 1. - the
real "C" drive. The next will be Drive 2.- the real "D" drive, etc.
One of the autoexec.bat files that I use for ghosting looks like this:

@echo off
MOUSE.COM
Del c:/clone1.*
CD GHOST
echo Loading...
GHOSTPE.EXE -clone,mode=dump,src=1,dst=c:\clone1.gho -auto -cns

where:
@echo off -  prevents the following commands from being displayed.
MOUSE.COM - loads the mouse driver
Del c:/clone1.* - deletes all previous copies of any files with the name
"clone1. The path "c:/ is in fact the second drive, the real "D" drive.
CD GHOST - changes directories on the floppy to the ghost directory.
echo Loading... - shows a message that ghost is loading.
GHOSTPE.EXE - opens the ghost program.
-clone, - allows automation of the Ghost operation.
mode=dump, - indicates that the operation is a disk-to-file dump.
src=1, - indicates the source disk is disk 1.
dst=c:\clone1.gho - indicates the disk is to be dumped to the
c:\clone1.gho file (this file is not on the real "C" drive but on the
"D" drive.)
-auto - automatically names spanned files. A file is limited to 2 GB and
will now automatically create additional files.
-cns - prevents spanned files using  the Microsoft naming convention and
instead uses its own convention. Without the -cns the second file would
be named clone002.gho. With the switch, the second file is named
clone1.001. I use this convention so that it is easy to delete all files
created the last time I cloned to the file clone1. I have three floppies
each cloning to a differently named file )clone1, clone2 and clone3).

Ghost has a Wizard for creating floppies or putting the bat file on a CD.

Create a bat file on a floppy designed to delete only a dummy test file
and run it from the floppy. You will need the file MSDOS.sys on the
floppy. Try it out on a file on each drive, in this way you will be able
to check the file designations without doing any damage to wanted data.

Orf Bartrop

Robert Lendrim wrote:

> That's a good way to see which disk you are looking at, but . . .
> If I could see the directory structure it wouldn't be a problem.  When
> I start Ghost from the DOS disk it shows the two hard drives that are
> in the computer. But it shows very little info about them. I'm not able
> to see any of the directories etc. The only parameters shown are:
> Drive   1       2
> Size    38172   38166
> Type    basic   basic
> Cyl     4866    4865
> Hds     255     255
> Sect    63      63
> From those parameters I find no real differentiating information except
> for the fact that I always use a smaller drive for the destination.
> It would seem there should be a more positive method of identification.
> Maybe I'm missing something. Thanks, Bob Lendrim

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml