Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Lee Kefauver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 11:50:00 -0400
 just rename the folder and see if anything goes
looking for it. You'll get an error message if anything's needed by any
other program or at bootup (unlikely as games shouldn't be in the startup
string).
How is this possible?
I have installed a program (Quicken 2002 Deluxe) and verifyed that the
registry contains some pointers to the QUICKENW folder. I am trying to
replace the folder with the QUICKENW folder from an older machine, without
uninstalling. WIN XP pro won't let me rename or delete the installed folder,
presumably because of the pointers in the registry. I have tried this using
Windows explorer and DOS commands.
Any ideas?

Lee

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Don Penlington
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2003 9:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] How do I uninstall?

George writes:

<< I downloaded a game but decided to uninstall it. But I cannot =
uninstall...>>

Maybe the game didn't need installing in the first place. Not all software
needs to be installed. "Installation" generally means placing various
entries in the registry, but if this is not required by the game, then
there's nothing to uninstall. Many simple games don't "install". If you
have Cleansweep properly configured to pick up installations, then the fact
that it didn't monitor the installation tells me that there probably never
was an installation.

Simply deleting the folder in that case is all you need to do.  As Rick
says, if you aren't sure, just rename the folder and see if anything goes
looking for it. You'll get an error message if anything's needed by any
other program or at bootup (unlikely as games shouldn't be in the startup
string).

If not, then you can safely delete the folder later on.

Unfortunately you haven't given us enough information to give you specific
answers.

Run Regedit and type the name of the game. Even if you don't want to touch
anything (hey---it's not that scary) you can at least see if there are any
entries there. If nothing appears, that's further confirmation that it
never installed.

Don Penlington
 From the beach at Surfers Paradise.
http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
for sunny Queensland photos, fractal art, free computer tutorials, and more.

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's: