Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:26:19 -0500
Hi Paul,
Do I ever now how you feel!!
I have a similar, if not identical problem with >NET framework on
one of my machines.XP Pro SP2
Again,the same when I did the M$ updates.Initially M$ responded since
it involved their update.When the focus shifted from .NET to the Windows
Installer, I no longer got any answers to my emails.
That's what you get as an OEM user.

In case anybody wonders,I did everything that was required:
Uninstall .Net ; .NET cleanup >
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx
Windows  Installer cleanup  > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Uninstalling .NET caused damage to the Windows Installer
Reinstalled this > http://tinyurl.com/9cg2y
Could not install it - it would not finish.
Got it installed with command prompt.
After this .NET would still not install.Not any version.

At this point I can no longer install any .MSI packages, .NET framework
or any Windows updates ,so they're turned off.

I'd love a solution that does not involve a total reformat.

Peter.