Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Toomas Piibe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:00:26 +0200
From: "James Edwards" <[log in to unmask]>

> Greetings All;
> I have a small problem with a growing Excel file. The file is about
> 3.3 MB and when I ZIP it, it goes to about 495 kB. However, if I hide
> some columns and protect the work sheet, it only ZIPs to 2.8 mB.
> There shouldn't be that much code to enable the hiding and
> protection, so does anyone have any clues as to what is going on? I
> would expect the ZIPed file to be 600 to 700 kB at most.

It is how portection and compression works

When 3.3MB file is compressed to 495KB then document contains
big amount repeated data like values 0.00 in excel tabel. Compressor
programs work simplified way like this - they make table of data and when
same data recur in input they mark to output only index of data in table.
This index is shorter when when data repets more frequently.

No when you protect Excel workbook or sheets data in documnent is encrypted
(pseudo) ramdomly, so there is almost no repeated data and compressin
programs
cant significally compress it.

Toomas

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: